This iced chocolate mocha recipe is perfect for when you’re short on time, but still want a rich, flavourful coffee drink (without ever hitting up Starbucks)!
This recipe takes only three simple ingredients, which are,
- milk (of your choice)
- chocolate simple syrup
To make a chocolate simple syrup is easy! Plus it’s something you can make in advance with ingredients you have in your pantry, and store for later use.
You will need:
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
Recipes don’t get much more basic than this!
Iced Chocolate MochaCourse: Coffee, dessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
2 cups of almond milk
2 espresso shots
Chocolate simple syrup (to taste)
- Chocolate simple syrup
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Begin by boiling the ingredients for the chocolate simple syrup in a pot on high heat.
- Your syrup should start bubbling after about 2 minutes. Stir continuously, and remove from heat after 5 minutes.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and pour one espresso shot in each glass.
- Next, pour approximately one cup of almond milk in each glass.
- Pour chocolate syrup (amount to be determined based on your preferences) over espresso mix in glass.
- If you prefer your coffee a little sweeter, add in more simple syrup.
- You can make a vanilla simple syrup by simply eliminating the cocoa powder!